Outdoor DC Micro-UPS – SYNAPS PoE PoE / PoE+
SNMP / BACnet IP / HTTPS communication
SYNAPS PoE is designed to meet outdoor video, along with WiFi and Mesh network security requirements.
SYNAPS-PoE is an outdoor network interface box dedicated to video applications and PoE powered transmissions. In the event of a brown-out, it ensures continuity of service for the equipment it protects with the built-in Li-ion battery.
- Safeguards up to 4 PoE/PoE+ devices, with a total PoE budget of 60 W.
- Device Activity Monitoring for automatic per-port reboot.
- Filters disturbances of the electrical network.
- 10 kA lightning arrester.
- Reboot function configurable from supervision.
- Protected and backed up Ethernet switch with 2 or 4 PoE ports and 1 uplink.
- Secure protocols: SNMP V1 & V3 / HTTPS / BACnet IP.
- Fastenings for customer equipment.
Benefits of the SYNAPS PoE range:
- Eliminates brown-outs and provides at least 15 min backup.
- Protects equipment from lightning and electromagnetic disturbances.
- LifePO4 very long-life battery technology.
- Space available for customer equipment (media converter)(190W x 200H x 125D mm).
- Designed for outdoor use, with IP66 watertight and IK10 vandal-proof locked cabinet.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight product (3.5 kg).
- SPACE BOX version : with more available space for customer equipment (400W x 300H x 150D mm).
To guarantee an operational installation, SYNAPS PoE is compatible with video cameras, wireless transmission systems, routers, switches, etc.
- Can be fitted onto a wall, in a pull box or on a video post.
- Possible to pre-wire prior to installation.
- Configuration by web server.
Sustainable and economical solution:
- 10 years maintenance-free.
- Remote supervision with reboot function of cameras and associated equipment.
- KIT SYN ANTI VANDAL: protection against cable cutting.
- KIT SYN MP: Post mounting kit.
© Primary Connection
Companies like to trust video surveillance systems to keep watch on their premises and their parking
lots. They can react quicker if danger threatens and can already deter potential criminals in advance.
In the following example, we look at the video surveillance system for an outdoor company parking lot (area: 150m x 50m). The security of employees was the prime consideration of the owners as they decided to provide camera surveillance for the newly built area, and also to prevent vandalism and theft. On the site, there was one solitary pole suitable to mount the camera on, but it was 200 meters from the main building and there was no data cable between the two. Digging a trench to lay one was not an option for the customer. But an uninterruptible power supply for the video surveillance camera and secure remote data capture were required.
Sebastian Ratajczak from the system suppliers Primary Connection in Wolfsburg (Germany) was entrusted with the concept and implementation of the system. He chose the outdoor SYNAPS PoE network interface box from Slat for the failure-free supply of the M16 day-night camera from Mobotix and the WLAN bridge (Ubiquiti Nanostation) that was selected for the wireless data transmission. The advantage of the outdoor box recognized by Ratajczak was that it was an all-in-one unit that was already equipped by the manufacturer, yet still had additional space for customer equipment if a specific individual solution had to be provided.
The core components, such as the AC/DC converter, over-voltage protection, LiFePO4 battery and the Ethernet switch with two PoE/PoE+ ports, were factory-fitted. The installer used the available space to fit a 24V passive PoE power supply. Now the solution was complete. The camera and WLAN bridge were powered and could be remotely monitored in real time via the secure SYNAPS web server connection to check the system status: whether working on mains or battery power, the current charging level of the battery, remaining autonomous operation time, the operating voltage, internal temperature of the DC UPS, the network status (display of the interfaces and connected devices) or to change parameters via the HTTPS website. A further benefit for Sebastian Ratajczak was the compact and visually attractive design of the box (IP65/IK10, polycarbonate) as well as the easy installation that was assisted by a special set of fitting parts.
It was clear to the experienced installer that he could kill many birds with one stone using this soultion: the WLAN bridge avoided the need to dig an expensive trench and lay cables, and the outdoor network interface box provided him with a complete logistical solution to simply manage the interface configuration, remotely gather and securely transmit the data.
"A perfect all-in-one solution", said Sebastian Ratajczak, "whose time and money-saving qualities totally convinced me."
No FAQ available for this range